Student Innovation in Practice
This award seeks to recognise a student who has made an exceptional contribution to their placement by inspiring, leading or carrying out an innovative project that improves patient or service user care, experience or outcomes; helps support the wellbeing of staff so they are better enabled to provide high-quality care; or improves the effectiveness or efficiency of service delivery.
Stage one of the judging process involves judges shortlisting entries based solely on the information you have provided here, so please make sure your entry includes as much evidence as possible. In stage two, shortlisted entrants will present their entries to a panel of judges for deliberation on Friday 17th September. This is currently scheduled to be in-person in our London offices (as it was pre-pandemic). This second stage is subject to change in accordance with official guidance relating to Covid-19. In case the second stage which is in-person cannot take place, your entry will be judged by the information you submit therefore please include as much information as possible.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional role model student who can demonstrate excellence in ONE or more of the following:
- Gaining feedback from patients and service users to better understand how the service might need to adapt to their needs
- Making a meaningful contribution to improving the practice environment for staff and/or patients or service users
- Acting as an advocate for patients/service users/staff
- Demonstrating leadership in inspiring others to bring about the change
- Contributing extra time and effort to bring about changes in the practice environment
- Demonstrating commitment to ensuring the innovation is sustainable beyond the student’s time in placement
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials from staff on placement or academic staff, student feedback or student evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to all students who are currently studying a pre-registration nursing or midwifery course or who have completed it during 2020.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: