Consultant nurse (burns),
Manchester Univeristy NHS Trust
- I currently work as a Consultant Nurse (Burns) at Wythenshawe Hospital, (MFT) since 2010, I am the only Consultant Nurse in Burns in the UK.
- I have worked in burns since 1988 and am committed to improving the patient pathway, quality improvement and service development as well as education of the workforce
- I am a member of the Major Trauma and Burns Clinical Reference Group (CRG) where I represent nurses and the RCN. During this time, I have chaired the development of the Burns Annex for Mass Casualties, developed outcomes and quality dashboards and am currently developing education for burns major incidents
- I am a CRG representative on the National Burns Operational Network Delivery Group (NBDONG) and contribute to wider issues in burn care.
- I am lead for the Surgical Wound Workstream for the National Wound Care Strategy Programme (NWCSP) and recently published the surgical wound care recommendations
- I am Programme Lead for the Manchester Burns Course is currently being revalidated by the University of Manchester. I have previously been a lecturer at University of Manchester and been honorary lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University, Edge Hill University and University of Chester
- In 2012 I was Nursing Times Nurse of the Year for the development of the Burns Outreach Service which is now replicated across many burns services