Hints and Tips
Before you start your entry, take a look at our hints and tips below to ensure that your submission is your best work:
- Make a note of the deadline: you must submit your entry by Friday 19 January 2018 so make sure you have this date in mind - write it in your diary, on your calendar or set notifications on your phone to ensure you don't miss the chance to enter your excellent work
- Preparation is key: now that you know the deadline, allow yourself plenty of time to write, develop and submit your entry - coming back to it with a fresh pair of eyes can help you remember important details that may be the difference between being shortlisted and just missing out
- Make the judges' job easy: write in clear, plain English, avoid jargon and use bullet points where appropriate to break up the text
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling: poorly presented entries lack credibility so don't lose out on being shortlisted on something you could have easily avoided
- Involve the right people: if your work was a team effort, involve the other team members in developing the entry - you've got this far through teamwork so make it count
- Back-up your entry: take advantage of the option to attach documents to support your entry with useful information such as audit data, cost analyses, patient experience survey results, documentation you have designed or anything that will help the judges to understand the impact of your work
- Proofread, proofread, proofread: ask someone else, such as a colleague, friend or manager, to look through your entry before you submit. It can be helpful to ask someone who was not directly involved in the work you are entering - like the judges they will not have detailed knowledge so they could suggest ways to clarify your entry
Entries have now closed for 2018 and judging has begun - good luck to all those who entered! Keep an eye out for the announcement of the shortlist.
If you're interested in attending the event, contact Ella McGregor.