Student Innovation in Practice
This award seeks to recognise a student who has made an exceptional contribution to their placement by inspiring, leading or carrying out an innovative project that improves patient or service user care, experience or outcomes; helps support the wellbeing of staff so they are better enabled to provide high-quality care; or improves the effectiveness or efficiency of service delivery.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional role model student who can demonstrate excellence in ONE or more of the following:
- Gaining feedback from patients and service users to better understand how the service might need to adapt to their needs;
- Making a meaningful contribution to improving the practice environment for staff and/or patients or service users;
- Acting as an advocate for patients/service users/staff;
- Demonstrating leadership in inspiring others to bring about the change;
- Contributing extra time and effort to bring about changes in the practice environment;
- Demonstrating commitment to ensuring the innovation is sustainable beyond the student’s time in placement.
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials from staff on placement or academic staff, student feedback or student evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to all students who are currently studying a pre-registration nursing or midwifery course or who have completed it during 2018.
If you are shortlisted for this award, you will be invited to attend our offices to present to the judges.
Take a look at what our 2018 winners had to say about winning the award: