Partnership of the Year
This award seeks to recognise the important collaboration between higher educational institutions and organisations providing healthcare to the public with a view to providing a conducive learning environment.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional collaboration that demonstrates excellence in:
- Providing students with a deeper understanding of what will be required in practice
- Collaborating in curricula planning and delivery
- Enriching students’ learning experiences so that they appreciate some of the wider issues involved in delivering care
- Enabling students to apply their academic learning in real-life practice situations
- Building in time for students to be properly supported from their placement and academic environments, scheduling time for reflection and practising relevant skills in both places
- Using innovative ‘hands-on’ teaching skills to ensure students are given the chance to put into practice what they have learnt in the classroom
- Co-ordinating learning experiences to create a cohesive student experience that maximises learning opportunities
- Creating a culture that inspires, enthuses and motivates students about their chosen profession
- Partnership working that reflects respect, equality, sustainability and a shared vision for quality healthcare delivery
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, student feedback or student evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to any provider of pre-registration or post-registration nursing or midwifery education, and the NHS or independent organisation/charity they work with. The collaboration must have been in place for at least 12 months by 31 December 2020. It is open to joint entries – either party can enter on behalf of both parties, but the entry must be endorsed by both parties.
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges on Wednesday 15 September 2021. The shortlist will be informed of any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: