Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs
This award seeks to recognise a student who has made an exceptional contribution to student affairs during their time at university. Examples include the improvement of curriculum, facilities, wellbeing, rules and regulations, as well as enhancing the experience of fellow student nurses or midwives.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional role model student who can demonstrate excellence in ONE or more of the following:
- Campaigning to improve students’ experiences or rights while studying nursing or midwifery;
- Making a meaningful contribution to improving the student curriculum;
- Working to enhance the environment in which students are taught;
- Acting as an advocate for fellow students to identify ways to positively influence university policy;
- Contributing extra time and effort to bring about positive changes to the student experience.
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, student feedback or student/university evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to all students who are currently studying a nursing or midwifery course or who successfully completed one during 2020.
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges. The shortlist will be informed of any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: