Nursing Associate Trainee of the Year
This award aims to recognise an outstanding final-year nursing associate trainee and to celebrate their ability to deliver safe, quality hands-on care and support the registered nursing workforce. Entrants must be able to demonstrate that they can take personal responsibility and work independently within defined parameters of practice, taking the appropriate initiative in a variety of situations and performing a range of clinical skills to deliver high-quality person-centred care.
What are the judges looking for?
The judges are looking for an exceptional final-year nursing associate trainee who can demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Knowledge of and critical understanding of the established principles in their field of study, with awareness of the limits of their knowledge
- Knowledge of the main methods of enquiry in the subject and the ability to use established techniques to undertake critical analysis of information to propose solutions
- The ability to critically evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems and to apply these in a work context
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills to new situations, including in the workplace
- Effective communication skills in a variety of forms, for a range of audiences
- The ability to work as part of a team to deliver high-quality care
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, mentor or university staff feedback or evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
Please note: you must be a final-year nursing associate trainee on a nursing associate training course or have qualified in January 2021 to enter this award.
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges on Friday 17 September 2021. The shortlist will be informed of any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: