Most Inspirational Student Nurse of the Year
This award will recognise a student in pre-registration or post-registration education who has inspired peers either on a placement or at their higher education institution. Entrants could have overcome significant obstacles in their personal lives or circumstance to achieve success as a student nurse or midwife.
Alternatively, entrants could have contributed to their studies or placement in such a way that they have inspired their peers and those they have worked with, for example by advising, guiding and acting as enablers for junior peers. Entrants could have, for example, worked with a charity, undertaken a personal project or developed an innovation that would benefit health professionals or patients. The effort, work and behaviour of this student nurse will be an inspiration to those around them.
Stage one of the judging process involves judges shortlisting entries based solely on the information you have provided here, so please make sure your entry includes as much evidence as possible. In stage two, shortlisted entrants will present their entries to a panel of judges for deliberation on Thursday 16th September. This is currently scheduled to be in-person in our London offices (as it was pre-pandemic). This second stage is subject to change in accordance with official guidance relating to Covid-19. In case the second stage which is in-person cannot take place, your entry will be judged by the information you submit therefore please include as much information as possible.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional role model student who can demonstrate excellence in at least TWO of the following:
- Demonstrating motivation to overcome any obstacles to achieve success in their professional life
- Contributing to their academic or practice work in a way that inspires their peers
- Contributing to a transformational project or practical work that proves the student’s abilities to inspire and enable others
- Working in an innovative way to inspire and motivate those around them
- Demonstrating skills and attributes required of being a student nurse or midwife that offers inspiration to others
- Demonstrating effort and achievement in academic or practice that provides a role model to fellow students
- Acting with integrity and enabling fellow students
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, student or mentor or academic staff feedback or student evaluations, or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to all students who are currently studying a nursing or midwifery course or who successfully completed one during 2020.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: