Mary Seacole Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion
This award aims to recognise a student who has made an exceptional contribution to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for their patients and/or other students and staff. They will have shown compassion and understanding of the needs of those from diverse backgrounds and demonstrated commitment and creativity to ensuring inclusion.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional student who demonstrates an outstanding contribution to diversity and inclusion in one or more of the following:
- Demonstrating enthusiasm for providing compassionate and inclusive nursing;
- Shows courage by going the extra mile to help patients navigate through difficulties;
- Has made a substantial contribution to the care of patients from diverse backgrounds;
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing and building inclusion;
- Championing the needs of those from diverse backgrounds and ensuring they are met;
- Developed creative solutions to ensure that their work and study environment is diverse and inclusive;
- Acting as a role model to build diversity and inclusion.
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, student feedback or student/university evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
This award is open to all students who are currently studying a nursing or midwifery course or who successfully completed one during 2018. Entries will be accepted from a trust, supervisors themselves or their students or colleagues, but in all cases the academic institution must support the submission.
If you are shortlisted for this award, you will be invited to attend our offices to present to the judges.