Learner of the Year: Post-registration
This award recognises the importance of registered nurses continuing to study and develop throughout their career. This can be achieved in a variety of ways – either by studying an academic course or by other methods of continuing professional development. Open to registered nurses in any branch or field of nursing, this award recognises outstanding learning and motivation to continually update knowledge and skills.
What are the judges looking for?
The judges are looking for an exceptional nurse who can demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Academic achievement and/or commitment to and passion for continuous professional development;
- Ability to study independently at a level that reflects commitment, leadership and self-governance;
- Use of reflection and the confidence to question established practice and apply learning to improve practice or enrich the evidence base for best practice;
- Skill in appreciating the link between the evidence base and practice;
- Ability to develop a project that adds to the body of nursing knowledge;
- Originality in elements of their learning;
- An appetite for learning and continually update their clinical expertise and deepen their understanding of the theory/practice/evidence base.
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include testimonials, supervisor or university staff feedback or student evaluations or any other appropriate evidence.
Should you be successfully shortlisted for this award, please ensure you are available on Wednesday 11 March to present to the judges.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: