Educator of the Year
Excellent teaching is the foundation of future generations of nurses. Teachers can inspire, enthuse and motivate students; furthering their quest for knowledge and understanding.
What are the judges looking for?
An exceptional educator who can demonstrate excellence in:
- Bringing to life the importance of the role of the nurse and/or midwife
- Engendering a sense of pride in their students’ chosen profession
- Teaching clinical subjects with a flair for bringing the academic side of the course to life
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Coaching, mentorship and emotional support for students
- Continuing innovation to improve students’ learning experience
- Helping student nurses and midwives achieve their potential, with documentation providing evidence of student results
Please attach any supporting evidence to your application that you feel is relevant. This can include student feedback, student evaluations or testimonials where applicable or any other evidence.
This award is open to educators teaching full-time or part-time pre-registration or post-registration nursing courses, who will have been teaching for more than two years by 31 December 2020. The teaching experience does not have to have been in the same institution.
If you are shortlisted for this award, and with coronavirus conditions permitting, you will be invited to attend our covid-19 secure offices to present to the judges on Thursday 16 September 2021. The shortlist will be informed of any changes to the final judging process.
Take a look at what our 2019 winner had to say about winning the award: